DUE BY JUNE 1ST
The New Mexico High School Coaches Association will select six (6) Assistant Coaches of the Year, two for each season, one from boys and one from girls sports as follows:
Fall Sports –
- Boys (Football, Soccer, Cross Country)
- Girls (Volleyball, Soccer, Cross Country)
Winter Sports –
- Boys (Basketball, Wrestling, Swimming)
- Girls (Basketball, Swimming)
Spring Sports –
- Boys (Baseball, Track, Tennis, Golf)
- Girls (Softball, Track, Tennis, Golf)
The above selections will be made provided nominations have been submitted and the nominee
meets the eligibility requirements.
An Assistant Coach is defined as a coach that serves as an assistant varsity, head or assistant junior varsity, C-Team, sophomore, freshman, or junior high coach that is supervised and/or under the direction of the head coach in that respective sport at that high school.
The Assistant Coaches of the Year will be selected from those nominated by a committee selected by the President of the NMHSCA.
The Assistant Coaches of the Year will be awarded plaques at the Annual Coaches Clinic Awards Luncheon.
The following are the eligibility requirements to be nominated for Assistant Coach of the Year.
- Must be a current member of the NMHSCA when he/she is nominated for the award.
- Must be a member of the NMHSCA a minimum of five (5) years.
- Must be an assistant coach a minimum of five years in the State of New Mexico in the respective sport in which he/she is being nominated.
- Must be an assistant coach during the current school year in the respective sport in which he/she is being nominated.
- Must be nominated by his/her head coach. The head coach must be a current member of the NMHSCA.
- The head coach must submit an official NMHSCA Assistant Coach of the Year nomination form and a letter of recommendation.
- A nominee can be nominated for only one sport. Combinations as an assistant coach are not acceptable, i.e. assistant football coach and assistant track coach can not be combined.
- An assistant coach that serves as a head coach in another sport can be nominated for the Assistant Coach of the Year Award.
Should there be any questions as to the nominee having met the requirements, it shall be the responsibility of the nominator (head coach) to provide